Sweepstakes casino apps are the best gambling option for most Americans. Aside from six US states where online gambling is legal, everyone else is left to fend for themselves regarding casino games. Sweepstakes casinos listed on this page are here to change that, providing a free online casino alternative to everyone with real cash prizes.
Despite the moves of several states to legalize online slots, table games, and poker since PASPA was deemed unconstitutional in 2018, NJ, PA, MI, CT, WV, and DE are the only US locations where online casinos are legal. Sports betting is available in over 30 states, and more states are legalizing real-money sports betting soon. Sweepstakes sites are the only viable alternative for real cash casino games, accessible from any US state except Washington D.C. online or mobile.
Unlike offshore online casinos, sweepstakes casino apps are operated by US-based companies that stick to applicable laws, offering a safe, enjoyable, and primarily free gaming experience.
Best Sweepstakes Apps with Real Cash Prizes March 2024
The list of legal sweepstakes casino sites is growing since companies have noticed how hungry US players are for slots, poker, blackjack, and other games. Our website is always the first to review them and provide you with the best options. Among the aspects we consider, their legal status, gaming variety, availability of real cash prizes, and bonuses hold a central role.
Anyone in the US and over 18 who uses our signup links will receive free spins, signup bonuses, and a welcome bonus to get started. No purchase is necessary to play, which is how sweepstakes casinos work.
The Online Sweepstakes Model
Social casinos, real money casino look-alikes with free games, have been around for a long time. First, they started off as land-based venues, like Grand Sweeps Casino, before mostly transitioning into the online sphere. However, these sites did not enjoy much popularity, and as always, America had to innovate and change this. The entrepreneurial spirit of USA companies and the current legislation gave birth to sweepstakes casinos – a middle road between online and social casinos.
Sweepstakes casinos operate through a hybrid model, with gold coins being the same currency social casinos used and sweeps cash coins being equivalent to real money. Players cannot purchase the latter for real money, handed out as a bonus, or through playing and winning games.
By removing real money betting and using coins instead, sweepstakes casino apps remain legal in the US. Players can play for free, buy coins, and stand a chance to win cash prizes, anywhere and anytime.
Free gold coins are the currency that casinos offer for gameplay purposes. These hold no real-world value, but players can get them for free, play games, or buy them for cash.
Free sweepstakes coins, or sweepstakes cash, is a parallel currency; players can use them to play games as gold coins but cannot buy them for real money. Instead, this virtual currency is provided for free through contests, gold coin purchases, or by betting sweeps coins on slots, poker, and other table games.
All top sweepstakes casino apps allow players to cash out their sweeps coins for real cash prizes. Their conversion rate and name might vary from platform to platform, which is why we are here to help.
The operational model of sweepstakes casinos helps their companies evade the current gambling laws or need to apply for licensing per state. As a result, sweepstakes casinos are available everywhere in the US except in Washington D.C. Anyone over 18 can sign up through our links, claim their gold and sweeps coins bonus, and start playing on a desktop or mobile device.
Social Casinos vs. Real Money Sweepstakes Casinos
Most websites concerned with the US gambling market, like ours, will use social casinos and sweepstakes casinos interchangeably. That’s not done to misguide or trick readers, but for lack of better understanding of the iGaming market.
Simply put, sweepstakes casinos will provide two virtual currencies – sweeps and gold coins. The one is for playing purposes only, and the other can be exchanged for real cash, as we highlighted previously.
On the other hand, social casinos offer a single currency, which acts similar to gold coins. Players can use this virtual currency to play games for free without a chance at real money cashouts.
Both online casino types support in-app purchases but not redemptions. You will find precisely what you are after from our site by distinguishing between these free casinos.
Online Casinos vs. Sweepstakes Casinos
When it comes to the differences between real money online casinos and sweepstakes sites, there aren’t many. The main ones are central to the legal sweepstakes casinos’ status but do not alter the experience significantly:
- Players bet real money at online casinos and coins on sweepstakes casinos; both support cash withdrawals.
- Legal online casinos usually provide an extensive gaming library, having access to more software providers than sweeps cash casinos do; the latter offers a mix of proprietary and 3rd gaming software from the same companies as online casinos.
- Unlike sweeps cash casinos, traditional online casinos tend to offer live dealer games. Still, the online sweepstakes offer exclusive gaming categories like fish table games, strategy games, shooter games, etc., on top of free online slots and casino games.
- Licensed online casinos USA carry massive budgets, so their sites and apps tend to be more user-friendly and graphically sound. However, that’s not always the case, especially with sweepstakes sites’ growing competition and popularity.
- Real money online casinos are licensed and restricted to select states, accepting players over 21 years old. Sweeps sites are available in the USA and Canada by anyone over 18.
In terms of banking, safety, transparency, gaming options, and overall experience – sweepstakes gambling sites share the same traits as the best online casinos. Below, we highlight the most popular operators.
Our Selection Process
Players new to our platform might hesitate to trust the information and online casino sweepstakes recommendations. While we are not perfect, our team consists of passionate gamers and gambling enthusiasts working under the same roof in New Jersey.
You can learn about us and our review process through these links, or check below for a snapshot of how we select the best online sweepstakes casinos for our audience.
- Online casino games: Since many players join sweeps casinos to play casino games without risking real money, this is the first aspect we review. The number, variety, gameplay, categories, providers, and fairness of online slots and table games are rated with care, ensuring none will be left hanging.
- Cash prizes: Most of our readers are opting for online sweepstakes casinos to play casino games legally and stand a chance to win cash. Our reviews always highlight whether this feature is supported, the free sweeps coins conversion rates, redemption methods, and the best ways to win cash prizes.
- Legal status: Online sweepstakes date back to state-wide lotteries and cafes, providing customers with a chance to win through luck-based games. Little safety and security checks were employed, which has created a wave of uncertainty that still follows sweepstakes casinos. Although these sites do not require an official iGaming license, we judge their legitimacy through their gaming software, banking options, including support for sweeps crypto play, company, and players’ feedback.
- Free sweeps coins bonuses: Illegitimate and sketchy sweepstakes casinos offer minimal bonuses to lead players toward their banking section. We are advocates of fair, no purchase necessary, online sweepstakes casinos, so we pay attention to how great and frequent free sweeps coins and gold coins bonuses are.
- Accessibility: Traditional online casinos provide online casino gaming, mobile, and iOS/Android apps. Players tend to prefer the latter to play popular casino games, so we advocate in favor of any legit sweepstakes casino site that also offers the full extent of gameplay options.
Types of Sweepstakes Casino Apps
Sweepstakes games are available in different formats. Players can sign up and play instantly through their desktop computer or laptop, join through a mobile browser, or download and play through a mobile app. The freedom provided is unparalleled today, with USA players capable of playing casino games any way they like with zero financial risk whatsoever. If you have used an online or social casino app, you probably won’t need to read our following step-by-step guides on sweeps coins apps.
Android Casino Apps
The US Google Play Store has recently updated its terms and conditions, incorporating real money gambling apps in its app store. That’s excellent news for aspiring players with an Android phone or tablet, who until recently had to download an apk and accept the risk of any unknown third-party software. Downloading and installing an Android casino app today is simple:
- Use our links to enter the mobile sweepstakes casino through your browser.
- Complete the registration online or instantly click on the Android icon to be redirected to the Google Play Store.
- Tap to begin the installation.
- The social casino app icon will appear on your Android device’s homepage when completed.
- Launch the app to register or play online sweepstakes slots from your mobile.
The games and features of the online sweepstakes casinos are identical on their apps, just presented in a compact format.
iPhone Casino Apps
Free casino game apps have been accessible through the Apple App Store for years. However, new sweeps cash casino apps allow users to play online slots with a free bonus and redeem sweeps coins for cash.
The process required to get the best apps on your Apple phone or iPad is identical to those outlined for Android devices.
Anyone over 18 in the US can download the apps, register through their email or social media accounts, and begin playing on the move.
Many players are not keen to go through the steps and install apps. Some sweepstakes casinos might not even provide this option. In both instances, playing casino games and sweepstakes slots through your mobile browser is the best alternative.
All recommended sweepstakes cash casinos are compatible with Samsung, Android, iOS, Linux, Microsoft, and other software systems. Similarly, any mobile browser is supported, like Safari, Mozilla, Opera, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc. Players can use any recent mobile device to join the platforms through their browser, signup for a new account, claim a deposit bonus, and play sweepstake games.
HTML5 technology has enabled web-based apps, so playing online or on mobile is equally straightforward.
What is the minimum age to play at sweepstakes casinos?
Anyone over 18 years old can usually play at sweepstake casino sites. This rule applies to Pulsz, Global Poker, LuckyLand Slots, Chumba Casino, and Fortune Coins. Social casinos like BetRivers.net tend to have a 21 years old minimum age limit to play, like online casinos.
Are sweepstakes casino apps safe?
Sweepstakes casinos and their dedicated apps can be safe, but this will depend on your selection. Sweeps apps and sites are not bound by casino licenses or state permits like standard casinos. Instead, if their company is legit, the games are powered by solid providers, and they have overall positive feedback, they should be 100% safe to play. The bar is lower with these due to the no necessary purchase aspect.
Can I win real money at a sweepstakes casino?
Yes, players can win real money – called cash prizes – at sweepstakes casinos. The platforms that support two virtual currencies, such as gold and sweeps coins, support redemptions of the one. These are conducted like on real online casinos, with a slightly higher minimum withdrawal limit at sweepstakes sites.